Blackburn United 2 Camelon Juniors 2

East of Scotland Premier League – Wednesday 29th December 2021

Blackburn United        2          (Devlin 21,  Browne 38p)

Camelon Juniors         2          (Sampson 36, Gribben 49)

The opening goal came via a long throw-in on the right which saw Richie Hutton’s half hit shot inside the box cleared to Laurie Devine on the edge of the area and he half volleyed it into the top corner for a spectacular opener. A Daryl Meikle header from a free kick then crept narrowly past.  Camelon were on level term just past the half hour mark when a weak Mitchell Taylor effort was spilled by Saunders and Kyle Sampson had the easy task of slotting it into the net.  Burnie regained the lead only a couple of minutes later when a long Jack Sayers clearance was headed back towards his keeper by Mark Sharp, however his effort was slightly weak and David Howe intercepted but was caught by the exposed Welna and the ref pointed to the spot. Michael Browne converted.  Gribben and then Hutton then had unsuccessful efforts at either end.

Shortly after the restart a loose Meikle pass saw Taylor bear down on goal, his effort was deflected and looped over Saunders who managed to get a hand to it but it fell to Darren Gribben at the back post who slotted the ball into the net from a tight angle.  The visitors were pushing for a third but their efforts never seriously threatened Saunders goal, and towards the end Burnie went looking for their own third but the game ended level.

Blackburn United: Craig Saunders, Jack Sayers, Kyle McClung, Michael Browne, Marcus Millar, Lyall Cameron, Laurie Devine (Dominic Kane 86), Daryle Meikle, Andy McQuillan, David Howe (Calum Heath 76), Richie Hutton.  Unused subs: James Mildren, Baley Ferris, Ryan Kidd (GK)

Camelon: Jakub Welna, Marky Munro, Jay Sandison, Lewis McArthur, Mark Sharp, Jackson Cowan, Kyle Sampson, Arnault Kasa (Mitchell McDonald 4), Darren Gribben (Michael Wallace 55), Aiden Stevenson, Mitchell Taylor.  Unused subs: Cole Cattanach, Harry Osborne, Reece Boyle, Lewis Paton, Greg McGuiness.

Referee: Alastair Grieve.    Assistants: Andrew Strang, Andrew Brown.