Tynecastle 2 Blackburn United 1

Tynecastle                          2             (Ponton 10, Kennedy 87)

Blackburn United             1             (Heath 32)

It was Blackburn who created chances right from the kick-off when Callum Heath had a 20 yard shot palmed away by Jackson in the opening minute, and then shortly after Dominc Kane tried to find the bottom corner from the edge of the area which squeezed just past.

Tynecastle created their first chance on 9 minutes when Cameron latched onto a through ball but Saunders got down to block the shot, but the opening goal was only delayed by a minute when after a quick free kick the ball found its way to Arran Ponton who fired in a shot from just outside the box which flew past Saunders.

On the 20 minute mark, Sawyers slid in Richie Hutton and he let loose a shot from a tight angle which Jackson touched past for a corner. Just after the half hour the scores were level when a move down the right found Callum Heath just inside the area and he curled his shot past Jackson.  The last chance of the half saw Heath’s free-kick fly the wrong side of the post.

The second half saw another quick opening, Danny Campbell long range effort was held by Jackson and play then moved up the other end when an effort from Hendry sailed over. Kennedy then had a run into the left-hand edge of the box and chipped the ball to the back post but the two strikers just failed to connect.

It was Kennedy moments later who tested Saunders, his shot took a deflection but Saunders managed to get down and block the shot. As Tynecastle began to dominate possession, Cameron again tested Saunders just past the hour mark, and then it was the same player who got the ball past Saunders but Jack Sayers cleared off the line.

At the other end Heath tried his luck from distance which crept over. With 15 minutes remaining, substitute David Howe fed a through ball to fellow sub Kieran Sweeney running clear, but Jackson got his hand to the shot to push it away.

Tynecastle pushed for a winner and this time Chesser had a shot blocked on the line by Saunders who gathered gratefully but with three minutes remaining, a Cameron cross from the right was well cut out by Miller but the ball fell straight back to Cameron and he fired the ball across goal again and this time the ball was stabbed goalwards but it seemed to be stopped on the line before Kennedy bundled it over for the winner.

Tynecastle: Jackson, Pennycuik, Hendry, Combe, Kennedy, Ponton, Chesser (Fisher 78), Hendry (Wolczynski 84), Cameron, Wales, Jardine.  Unused subs: Power, Moffat, Craighead, Deya, Rae.

Blackburn United: Saunders, Sayers, Millar, Browne (Ferris 84), Drummond, Meikle. Heath (Mildren 84), Cameron, Campbell (Sweeney 72), Kane (Howe 72), Hutton (Devine 68). Unused subs: Smith, Clements.

Referee: Chris Newman

Assistant Referees: Kieran Whalen, Ewan Pow