Camelon 1 (Cameron 47mins)
Blackburn United 2 (McQuillan 60mins, Young 90mins pen)

United looked the brighter side in the opening exchanges as both sides strived to put their opening day loses behind them but it was Camelon who had the first clear opportunity when Swanson whipped a delivery in from the left which Kay could only head past. At the other end clever work by Danny Campbell put Andy McQuillan in and when he tricked his way past Lochie to hit a sixteen yarder goalwards Kinnear made a fine save down low to his left. Campbell then fizzed in a cross from the right that reached the back post where McQuillan got in a powerful header which was blocked and when he reacted quickest to fire the ball back across the face of goal it was only just out of the reach of the inrushing Calum McDowall. Another header, this time from a Lochie free-kick, was just off target for Camelon, Morrison nodding rather weakly past before Darren Mitchell was called into action to save a Cameron effort from the edge of the area after he’d managed to get past a John Drummond challenge. With the last chance of the half Campbell went close with a long range lob after being set-up by Michael Brown and a clever turn and pass into space by McQuillan.

A minute after the resumption Blackburn came close again when Richie Hutton pulled a ball back from the left byeline and Campbell’s initial mishit rolled kindly for Dominic Kane but the midfielder could only lash his shot over. A minute later though and the hosts found themselves ahead when CAMERON chased down a long ball to nip past a couple of challenges on the edge of the eighteen yard box and brilliantly pick his spot in the bottom right hand corner of Mitchell’s net and he went close again seven minutes later when Docherty found him with a pass but this time Mitchell was equal to his effort. Ryan Kane also came close for the Carmuirs Park men just before the hour but his effort from distance flew over the top. Sixty seconds later it was United who had come up with a goal though, Dominic Kane picking out McDowall on the right and he cut the ball back into the box where McQUILLAN was on hand to roll a shot past Kinnear and home. With quarter of an hour remaining and the game finely balanced Blackburn were reduced to ten men when Drummond turned his back on a speculative shot from distance only for the ball to rattle against the back of an outstretched arm. With a free-kick correctly awarded a second yellow of the evening seemed a somewhat harsh additional punishment but referee Mr. Macrae was adamant the centre-half had to go. However, despite being shorthanded Blackburn seemed comfortable and, indeed, secured all three points in the final minute of the game when a McQuillan shot was handled by Skinner inside the area and from the resultant spot-kick substitute Craig YOUNG fired past the despairing dive of Kinnear.

Blackburn United line-up: Mitchell, Welsh, Lawrie, Browne, Drummond, Kane (Young 63), Hutton (Mildren 75), MacLeod, McQuillan, Campbell (L.Devine 66), McDowall Subs (not used): Bonnar, S.Devine, MacKay, Clements

Camelon line-up: Kinnear, McGroary, Swanson, Skinner, Lochie, Kay, Kane, Da.Morrison, Cameron, A.Sneddon, Docherty Subs: Herron, Do.Morrison, Daramola, B.Sneddon, Love, Fullerton

Referee: Mr. Craig Macrae
Assistants: Mr. Andrew Strang & Mr. Rhys Struthers


Date Time League Season
July 30, 2019 7:30 pm East of Scotland Premier League 2019-20


Carmuirs Park
16 Fairlie Dr, Camelon, Falkirk FK1 4NP, UK


Camelon Juniors1
Blackburn United2